Army Of The Damned , the film in which Godsmack singer Sully Erna makes his feature film acting debut, will be released on DVD on January 14th, 2014, with the film having an early video-on-demand release on December 3rd. The movie follows the crew of a hit reality TV series who follow a team of local cops in a small town. When the cops are summoned to a house on a “domestic disturbance” call, they suddenly are faced with a situation in which they either must survive or join the “army of the damned,” a horde of warriors from hell.
- The film began production in April and was directed by Tom DeNucci.
- Erna told Dread Central about the project, “This is my first lead in a movie and it’s cool. It’s action/horror and there’s some good sarcastic New England humor in it. They put me together with three other cops that play beside me. Everyone has such a different personality and it’s really, really cool how we play off each other.”
- Erna added that his character, named Bridge, was “serious and intense and takes things a lot more seriously. He’s watching over the town his father used to be sheriff in.”
- The singer got involved with the film after DeNucci initially approached him about making a film based on Erna’s memoir that was published a few years ago.
- Erna explained, “He always kept in touch and always felt I should be moving more toward TV and film and kept me in mind, and when he came through with this script for Army Of The Damned, he said I’ve got a really cool role and I can totally see you playing it.”
- The cast also includes Michael Berryman, legendary star of the original The Hills Have Eyes, along with pro wrestler Tommy Dreamer, TNT wrestling diva Thea Trinidad and Joey Fatone of N*SYNC fame.
- Godsmack recently revealed that it has regrouped after taking a year off and is currently writing its sixth studio album, due out in 2014.