Stone Temple Pilots have released a live video of the band performing the new song “Black Heart” off the group’s recently released EP,High Rise. The clip was filmed at the Hard Rock Live festival in Biloxi, Mississippi on November 1st and gives many fans the chance to see the band performing with new singer Chester Bennington, in case they did not get to see the group on Bennington’s debut tour with STP this fall.
Bennington told us that STP fans have been won over by the new lineup after seeing them live: “People come in, they all have their judgment goggles on to a certain degree, and then they watch the show and they’re all chanting ‘STP’ and losing their minds and going out and being vocal about what they saw. They’re seeing that this is real and that this is legitimate, and what we’re doing, we’re doing with a lot of joy and we’re doing with a lot of emotion and passion, and we’re having fun, and we’re connecting with them in a way that I think they haven’t had a chance to do with STP in a very, very long time.”
- Bennington took over on lead vocals for STP last May, after original frontman Scott Weiland was dismissed in February.
- The first release from the new version of STP, a single called “Out Of Time,” reached Number One on the Active Rock radio chart.
- The High Rise EP, issued in October, featured five new songs with Bennington on vocals and sold 12,000 copies in its first week of release through the band’s own label.
- STP and Weiland have launched lawsuits against each other, although the results of both legal actions are pending.
- Bennington recently returned to the studio with his main band, Linkin Park, although he will continue to record and tour with Stone Temple Pilots.