Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, former Nine Inch Nails member Danny Lohner and Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland have joined forces with hip-hop artist Scroobius Pip in a new group, according to Team Rock Radio. The new combo was revealed by Barker, who posted a photo at his Instagram account with the caption “In the lab creating with these talented gentlemen #goodtimes #goodpeople #goodmusic.”
- The outfit has not been given a name, nor did Barker hint at what the music would sound like or when fans might hear it.
- In addition to Blink, Barker has worked with the Transplants, the late DJ AM, various rap artists and has recorded a solo album.
- He told us he grew up with and loves all kinds of music: [“I grew up with, you know, all sorts of people, like people who listened to speed metal, I listened to rap music, I listened to Buck Owens and Johnny Cash with my father, I listened to the Beatles with my mom. I was sort of raised and kind of exposed to everything growing up, and I never just decided to like one genre. I loved it all.”] SOUNDCUE (:16 OC: . . . loved it all.)
- Blink reunited in 2009 after breaking up in 2004. Barker’s near-fatal plane crash in September 2008 set the wheels in motion for the three friends and bandmates to mend their fences and begin playing together again.
- The trio recently performed its self-titled 2003 album in its entirety at two shows in Los Angeles last month. Blink does not have any more dates on tap for the rest of the year, but does plan to release a new record in 2014.