Alice In Chains has partnered with Linkin Park‘s Music For Relief organization to raise money for victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. As part of the fifth annual Alice In Chains & Friends Fantasy Football League Charity Auction, the group will auction off one-of-a-kind items and memorabilia, with 100 percent of the proceeds going toward helping the survivors and aiding Music For Relief in delivering medicine, emergency medical services, water, sanitation and disease prevention efforts to the 12 million people impacted by the storm.
- The 17-day-long auction includes collectible items donated by league participants and friends.
- It includes original paintings by Alice In Chains guitarist/singer Jerry Cantrell, a trip for two to New York City to attend the Porsche Design Fall/Winter 2014 Runway Show during New York Fashion Week with Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington, a custom Gibson Les Paul guitar signed byGreen Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong, a Fender acoustic guitar and acoustic bass autographed by Alice In Chains bassist Mike Inez and more.
- Alice In Chains’ fifth studio album, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, came out in May 2013 and debuted at Number Two on the Billboard album chart.
- It featured the chart-topping rock radio singles “Hollow” and “Stone.”
- The disc followed up 2009’s Black Gives Way To Blue, the first set of all-new Alice In Chains material in 14 years.