Foo Fighters have announced their first official live date of 2014, and it’s on the band’s home turf. Dave Grohl and the boys will headline this year’s edition of the Firefly Music Festival, scheduled to take place between June 19th and 22nd at Dover International Speedway in Delaware. Joining them on the bill will be fellow headliners Outkast and Jack Johnson, along with Imagine Dragons, Cage The Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Young The Giant, the Lumineers, Weezer and more.
- Grohl told us a while back that he gets a big charge out of the big outdoor music events:[“These kind of shows are so much fun, when you open up with a song like ‘All My Life’ and they hear the (makes guitar sound), the place just kind of goes off. And it’s the best feeling in the world to stand there on stage and watch it happen.”] SOUNDCUE (:12 OC: . . . watch it happen.)
- Foo Fighters took most of 2013 off, with the band playing just a small warm-up gig at a California pizza restaurant and two stadium shows in Mexico City near the end of last year.
- But with work underway on the band’s eighth studio album, it seems that extensive live plans are being firmed up as well.
- In other festival news,the lineup of the 45th annual New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival has been unveiled and it includes Modern Rock acts Foster The People, Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend as part of a diverse bill also featuring Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Christina Aguilera, Eric Clapton, Santana, Phish, Public Enemy, Robin Thicke, Robert Plant and more.
- Jazz Fest will run over two weekends, from April 25th to the 27th and May 1st to the 4th.
CHECK IT OUT: For more info on the Firefly Festival, head over to http://fireflyfestival.com/