Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl appears in a new charity video with Los Angeles singer/songwriter Taylor Greenwood for her song “Sing You To Sleep.” According to Rolling Stone, Grohl was captivated with Greenwood after seeing her perform in New York last year and offered to help her with her new album. Now he also plays acoustic guitar in this video, which was shot at Foo Fighters’ Studio 606 recording facility.
- Greenwood told Rolling Stone that she and Grohl wrote the song together, saying, “He came up with the beautiful guitar part, obviously, and I sat down at the piano . . . I thought it would be lovely to do a lullaby. To make whoever listened feel a little comforted, loved, maybe even just a little sleepy.”
- The track is available at Greenwood’s website as a “pay what you want” download.
- All proceeds will benefit Project Night Night, which Greenwood said “provides comfort, stability and educational materials to homeless children via little hand made gift bags with stuffed animals, security blankets, and books. In many cases these are the only possessions these kids have ever had.”
- Grohl said about Greenwood in a statement, “Taylor Greenwood is so refreshing because she is the real deal. A truly amazing vocalist. Anyone who knows her voice knows the sound of raw, natural talent.”
- Grohl and the rest of Foo Fighters are currently working on their eighth studio album, which the band is rumored to be recording at a dozen different iconic recording studios.