The Pretty Reckless singer Taylor Momsen has a message for anyone who wants to judge her by her appearance, her personal life or her current job: it’s none of your business. Momsen, still best known for her role as good-girl-gone-bad Jenny Humphrey on the show Gossip Girl, told Kerrang! magazine, “I don’t live my personal life publicly. What I do personally is, frankly, none of your business. If someone takes a picture of me smoking, they call me a bad role model . . . I’m just an artist. The role model is the music, not me as a person. I’m not here to be your entertainment — the music is.”
- Momsen began acting at the age of three with a part in a Shake ‘N’ Bake commercial, landing her first big role as Cindy Lou Who in 2000’s How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
- She told us that even now as a rock artist, she’s not embarrassed by her early work as a child actor:
- [“I mean, it’s a part of your past so you roll with it, but I don’t, I barely remember it. I mean, I was three in the commercial and five in The Grinch, so (laughs) it’s a very distant memory. But when it’s on, I’ll leave it on for about two minutes and then I change the channel (laughs) — it’s a little too trippy.”]
- Some parents have slammed the title and lyrics of The Pretty Reckless’ latest album, Going To Hell, but Momsen told Kerrang! that they miss the meaning, explaining, “They’re thinking of a shallow level of hell. It means that they aren’t getting the point of the record. Touring the world changed my perspective. There are so many problems and it doesn’t seem like anyone”s talking or writing about it.”
- The latest single from Going To Hell, “Heaven Knows,” is Number Two this week on the rock radio chart.
- The band is currently on tour in Europe with Fall Out Boy but will return home to perform at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 23rd in Los Angeles.