The Pretty Reckless, the band led by actress-turned-singer Taylor Momsen, releases its second album, Going To Hell, on Tuesday (March 18th).
The disc follows up the group’s 2010 debut full-length, Light Me Up, as well as the 2012 EP Hit Me Like A Man. Momsen told us how the new disc differs from the band’s previous ones:
“We tried to make a very stripped down and very honest record, I think. There’s way less production on there as on Light Me Up. I mean, it’s two guitars, bass, drums, vocals. It’s done very organically. It’s a very thoughtful record.”
- Going To Hell already features a Number One rock radio hit with the track “Heaven Knows.”
- That makes the group the second female-fronted act in the last three years, after Halestorm, to hit Number One on the rock radio chart.
- The cover art for the new album features Momsen’s bare back emblazoned with a black combination cross and arrow that is one of the band’s trademarks.
- The Pretty Reckless is currently supporting Fall Out Boy on tour in Europe and will return to the U.S. next month for an appearance at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 23rd in Los Angeles.
- The band is also confirmed to perform at all of the major U.S. rock festivals, including Rock On the Range, Rocklahoma, Fort Rock, Welcome To Rockville, Rock Fest Kansas City and others.