“It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner.”
- Martin and Paltrow met in October 2002, shortly after the release of Coldplay’s second album, A Rush Of Blood To The Head.
- The couple married in December 2003. Paltrow gave birth to a daughter, Apple Blythe Alison Martin, in 2004 and a son, Moses Bruce Anthony Martin, in 2006.
- The couple has lived in Martin’s native England and, more recently, in Los Angeles’ high-priced Brentwood area, although it was reported that Martin has wanted to move back to the U.K. for some time.
- Coldplay’s sixth studio album, Ghost Stories, is set for a May 19th release worldwide.
- Paltrow has been seen on the screen recently in Iron Man 3 and Thanks For Sharing.