The Pretty Reckless has cracked the Top Five on the Billboard album chart with their second album, Going To Hell. The disc sold 35,000 copies in its first week of release to debut in the fifth position on the survey on Wednesday (March 26th). That easily outperforms the band’s 2011 debut album, Light Me Up, which entered the chart at Number 65 with just 8,700 copies moved in its first week.
- The first single from the record, “Heaven Knows,” once again tops the rock radio airplay chart this week.
- Actress-turned-singer Taylor Momsen told us who some of her biggest vocal influences were:
- “Well, Robert Plant. Chris Cornell. Lennon, even though you probably don’t hear much of that. But (laughs)…Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, pretty much I could just list all my favorite bands (laughs) and then call it a day. But it’s mostly men, I think.”
- The Pretty Reckless is the second female-fronted act in the last three years to hit the top of the rock radio chart, following Halestorm.
- The Pretty Reckless has been touring Europe with Fall Out Boy but will next be seen performing at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 23rd in Los Angeles.