Coldplay has announced that it will perform songs from its upcoming album Ghost Stories in an hour-long special set to air on May 18th at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBC. Titled Coldplay: Ghost Stories, the special was filmed in-the-round in front of an 800-person audience in Los Angeles this past March. While focusing on material from the new album, the set list for the show also includes past hits like “Viva La Vida” and “Clocks.”
- A trailer for the special has been posted at Coldplay.com.
- Meanwhile, the band unveiled a new song called “Oceans” live on BBC Radio One.
- Ghost Stories will be out on May 19th.
- Coldplay also recently announced a handful of intimate live shows in support of Ghost Stories. The band will play Cologne, Germany on April 25th, New York City on May 5th, Los Angeles on May 19th, Paris on May 28th, Tokyo on June 12th and London on July 1st.
- The group will also be the musical guests on the May 3rd edition of Saturday Night Live.