Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor said in an interview with Front Row Live Entertainment that the band’s first album in six years is “coming along,” adding, “I actually left the studio to come right down here. So it’s a matter of time, trust me. It’s gonna be rad . . . Everything is going exactly how it needs to go. So it’s gonna be really awesome.”
- Even though Slipknot’s last album, All Hope Is Gone, came out in 2008, Taylor said, “The good thing is we’ve always been writing, so there’s a ton of stuff that we’re pretty stoked on. It’s exactly what you want it to be.”
- Slipknot percussionist Shawn “Clown” Crahan told us a while back that he has high hopes for the band’s next album:
- “That record is going to be, I predict, one of the most serious things that we will have ever comprehended that we’ve ever done in our life. And we pretty much say that on every record, but I really feel that when the time comes, what will be on hand is going to be something almost unimaginable.”
- The new Slipknot album will be the band’s first since the 2010 death of bassist Paul Gray and the late 2013 dismissal of drummer Joey Jordison.
- The band is rumored to have recruited drummer Jay Weinberg to play on the new album. Weinberg is the son of Max Weinberg, longtime Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band drummer.