Rise Against has revealed that its new album will be called The Black Market and that it will be released on July 15th.
The first single, called “I Don’t Want To Be Here Anymore,” will be available at rock radio, as a digital download and for streaming next Tuesday (June 10th). The band announced the news via a teaser video posted at its website, which also features a snippet of the new track.
- Frontman Tim McIlrath said about the set, “Rise Against has always been a political band, but also a personal band. We’ve always had songs that have a foot in both worlds. This album is a lot more introspective to me.”
- McIlrath told us a while back why he thought being a political band never hurt Rise Against:
- “I think the obvious pitfall is the sort of myth of commercial success, in the sense that you don’t want to alienate any crowd — therefore always walk the line, remain neutral, don’t ever take a stance on anything because you want your music to appeal to just about everybody. I hope that our band can be an example of the exact opposite of that, in that whether people agree with us or not on things, they appreciate that we have stood for something.”
- The Black Market is Rise Against’s seventh studio album and will follow up 2011’s Endgame.
- Rise Against has already announced several new shows in support of The Black Market, including performances at all three Riot Fests in Toronto, Chicago and Denver and the Made In America festival in Los Angeles. More tour dates will be announced soon.