Would Slipknot and Stone Sour vocalist Corey Taylor entertain the idea of joining a new band?
According to Loudwire, the underground doom metal act Acid Bath is considering getting back together and is interested in having Taylor take over on the mic. Drummer Jimmy Kyle reached out directly to Taylor on the latter’s Facebook page, writing, “How’s it goin my name is Jimmy Kyle. I formed the band Acid Bath back in the 90′s and I am trying to locate and speak with Corey. If I’m on the right track would you have some time to spare?”
- Kyle’s appeal to Taylor coincided with an post on Acid Bath’s own Facebook page, saying that the band was looking for a new vocalist to replace original singer Dax Riggs.
- In addition to recording and touring with Stone Sour and Slipknot, Taylor came close to joining Velvet Revolver a few years ago.
- Taylor has also written two books, several comic books and is a fledgling actor as well.
- We asked him not long ago how he manages to keep so many different projects going:
- “You know, the weird thing is, is that I get a lot done on the road. You know, I finished my book on the road. I was able to do the comic book adaptations on the road. I get a lot done in the weirdest times. Usually I only strike when the iron’s hot, so I’ll let the inspiration come to me when it needs to. So I don’t push anything, and I think that’s one of the keys for juggling several different projects. So for me, when I get the inspiration, that’s when I strike.”
- Taylor is currently in the studio with Slipknot, who are recording their first album since 2008’s All Hope Is Gone.
- Taylor’s latest book, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven, came out in hardcover last year and is due out in paperback this July.