Former Guns N’ Roses member Slash recently released the artwork for his new single, “World On Fire,” which is the title track from his forthcoming album, World On Fire, which will hit stores on September 15th.
The project is being billed as Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators. He recently shared his thoughts on the single:
“It’s a cool record, I’m really happy. The thing was, it’s where we’ve arrived at after basically four years of working together. And the material came together really quick and really easy. You know, we put it all together and ‘World On Fire’ was really a song about sex, that I just thought was a great title for the album as a whole because it became more a metaphor for a lot of different things, depending on how you wanted to look at it.”
- “World On Fire” will be released to radio on June 13th and will be available digitally on June 16th.
- The World On Fire album will feature seventeen songs and was produced by Michael Elvis Baskette. The artwork for the album was done by Ron English.
- This summer Slash is touring with Aerosmith. He explained why that they shared a certain closeness:
- “With everything that I’ve done over the years, since then, I’ve been really close friends with the guys in Aerosmith, and it’s one of the only bands like them around, and still one of the greatest rock bands that I’ve ever been into. And, just really excited about the prospects of going…and putting this sort of, to me it’s just a really great rock’n’roll package, the likes of which you don’t see now, you know, now-a-days, so it’s going to be really fun.”
- Slash’s last release was 2012’s Apocalyptic Love.