Incubus singer Brandon Boyd and guitarist Mike Einziger have been working in secret on new music, according to Radio.com. The California-based act has not released a new album since 2011’s If Not Now, When?, but Einziger revealed that the hiatus is coming to an end, saying, “Me and Brandon have been scheming the last couple of weeks. There’s definitely going to be new music. It probably won’t happen until next year but it’s happening.”
Einziger added that he and Boyd have been tinkering with song ideas whenever they can spend a little time together, saying, “Everybody’s got a lot of things going on but we’re slowly bringing out focus back to the band and everybody’s excited about it because we’ve had enough time away from it to where it’s exciting for everyone. There’s definitely some really great stuff coming.”
- Einziger told us that when Incubus does get together to make music, there’s no great mystery to how it’s done:
- “It’s this really organic thing. We literally, like, we sit down and we just play music together. And for better, for worse, whatever comes out of that is what comes out of it, you know. It’s what we’ve always wanted to do and it’s why we keep doing it, you know. And it’s so fun and we’re really lucky to be able to spend our time doing that.”
- The guitarist added that the band intends to put out a new record early next year and tour in the summer of 2015.
- Einziger himself has been super-busy lately, He has contributed to film soundtracks, played an integral role in Avicii’s smash “Wake Me Up” and recently made his debut as a lead vocalist on a song he wrote and recorded for charity with guests Pharrell, Travis Barker and others.
- Boyd, meanwhile, released one solo album under his own name and another under the moniker Sons Of The Sea. He was also supposed to play Judas in a touring version ofJesus Christ Superstar, but the production was canceled due to low ticket sales.