Vancouver Firefighters had to deal with four brush fires, and all before noon today.
And guess what?!?! They were all caused by tossed cigarettes.
The first one sparked this morning near Park Royal, the other in Ambleside. The others sparked up in British Properties and near Willoughby Road and Dunlewey Place.
Assistant fire chief Jeff Bush says the fires were all relatively small, but he’s worried that the risk will only get worse as the summer continues.
Fire officials caution people to not throw their cigarettes out the car window and make sure they are discarded properly.
Heatwave + carelessness = serious problems
Hey smarty, make sure your ciggie is COMPLETELY put out, ok?
Tell your friends.