The Pacific National Exhibition is an annual tradition in Vancouver. The first fair at Hastings Park was in 1910, and we’ve been doing it pretty much since. A big part of the adventure is the food! I was out there last night with my wife, children and folks sampling some grub and gawking at what our neighbours were sampling. (and we almost bought some $250 ceramic knives from the market! oy vey!) Here is my list of must eat PNE foods: RANKED! OK…I don’t know “ranked” these are gunna be. I am just in the habit of saying “ranked” after anytime I list a thing. It’s a bit of an inside joke. That said…here are 5 must eat foods at the PNE! RANKED!
— Emily Blake (@BlakeEmily) August 26, 2015
07) Salt Spring Island Noodle Bar has a “Maple Bacon” noodle box. Proving just how influential the Jeff O’Neil Show truly is in this city.
06) Jurassic Pork M & Cheese? Are you even real? From Reel Mac & Cheese.
05) Jalapeno poutine Mini-donoughts? That only sounds like foods I like put in a cup.
04) Ribfest is happening again this year. Yum.
— HuffPost BC (@HuffPostBC) August 22, 2015
03) Maple Bacon Doughnut Burger? The reach of the Jeff O’Neil Show is truly spectacular.
— Van Bits and Bites (@MaryinVancity) August 26, 2015
02) I have it on good authority that the Fat Elvis from the Rocky Point Ice Cream Truck is the best thing you’ll put in your mouth at this year’s PNE (except for number 1 on our list).
— Jeremy Baker (@Jeremy_Baker) August 26, 2015
01) Tasty-tasty beer is number one on our list. Many beer gardens at the PNE but CFOX’s favourite is the Craft Beer Fest!
Honourable mention? C’mon, the Buckeye Rootbeer!
Last time I was at the PNE there was a Food Building, moving map of BC, a timber show and a dreaded Buckeye Rootbeer stand! #1987
— FakeBrookWard (@FakeBrookWard) August 26, 2015