Yes, I like bridges. And because it’s International Bridge Awareness Week (don’t look it up), here are my Top 5 favourite bridges:
1. The Lions Gate. A classic. Old, green, & saucy (plus some two-bit morning radio show likes to have pumpkin races off of it).
2. The Arthur Laing. Nobody knows who old Artie was but they love driving over this oft-taken for granted bridge because it means you’re getting outta Dodge (thanks for that Mr. Laing).
3. Nash Bridges. Love me some old school Don Johnson on the TV (with a pretty badass Cheech Marin to boot!). You telling me you’d rather spend time with the Pattullo or the Golden Ears than with thee Nash Bridges?! Thought so.
4. The Ironworker’s Memorial. Two words: Stompin’ Tom (nuff said).
5. You can’t have bridge talk without mentioning my all star Bridge team (we’re ranked 17th in BC) “Bridgework” (it’s a false teeth joke). I’m at the back in the shorts.
It’s a fact, you CAN blog about a bridge!
What are you doing for IBAW (bridge week)?
Love, Capt Bridgey