A Los Angeles courtroom heard graphic testimony this week in the trial of ex-Cake drummer Peter McNeal on charges of child molestation. According to the Los Angeles Daily News, a woman testifying for the prosecution said that her then three-year-old daughter demonstrated what McNeal attempted to do to her during a Thanksgiving party in 2009. After leaving the party, the child asked her mother why "that man" wanted to put his penis in her mouth. When the mother asked which man, the girl replied, "The man who was playing ball with us."
- The girl later demonstrated to her mother after they got home what McNeal allegedly tried to do to her.
- The mother, who was not identified, said that she and her husband waited before going to police because they wanted to be "100 percent certain" before accusing McNeal of such actions.
- The daughter, who is now five, did not recognize McNeal during a preliminary hearing but had previously identified him in a photo.
- McNeal first appeared in court this past January after being arrested in December 2011 on one felony count of oral copulation and sexual penetration of a child under the age of 10.
- The 46-year-old musician is also alleged to have attempted to molest a different young girl two weeks later while volunteering at a school, but no charges were filed in that incident.
- McNeal performed with Cake from 2001 to 2004 and has worked with a series of other musicians since, including Norah Jones and Soul Coughing's Mike Doughty.