The Silversun Pickups have announced the details of a fall headlining tour in support of their latest album, Neck Of The Woods. Following a handful of festival dates, the tour will kick off on September 4th in Vancouver, Canada, and finish up on the 21st in Chicago. Neck Of The Woods, the group's third full-length studio effort, debuted at Number Six on the Billboard album chart in May, the highest chart position of the Los Angeles group's career.
- The Pickups' 2009 sophomore effort, Swoon, sold 319,000 copies and had the majors knocking on the band's door. But the band stayed with indie label Dangerbird for Neck Of The Woods.
- The Pickups made their debut in 2005 with the EP Pikul, and broke through the following year with the Top Five Modern Rock hit "Lazy Eye" from their first full-length album Carnavas.
- Bassist Nikki Monninger told us that the Pickups took a few years to fine tune their sound before breaking out: ["It was about four or five years before we put anything out. I'm glad we have done it this way, because I think that we really got to come into our own before everyone else could listen. It was great to just perform, you know, in Silverlake for a few years and really develop our sound before we put it down."] SOUNDCUE (:18 OC: . . . put it down.)
- "Bloody Mary (Nerve Endings)," the first single from Neck Of The Woods, is currently Number 10 0n the Modern Rock chart.
- Confirmed Silversun Pickups tour dates (subject to change):
August 8 - Berkley Riverfront Park - Kansas City, MO
September 1 - Xfest - Calgary, AB
September 2 - Sonic Boom - Edmonton, AB
September 4 - Malkin Bowl - Vancouver, BC
September 6 - Marymoor Amphitheater - Redmond, WA
September 7 - Cuthbert Amphitheater - Eugene, OR
September 9 - Pioneer Courthouse Square - Portland, OR
September 10 - Mondavi Center - Davis, CA
September 12 - Fox Theater - Oakland, CA
September 13 - Santa Monica Civic Auditorium - Santa Monica, CA
September 16 - Red Rocks Amphitheater - Morrison, CO
September 17 - Sumtur Amphitheatre - Papilion, NE
September 18 - Hoyt Sherman Place - Des Moines, IA
September 20 - State Theatre - Minneapolis, MN
September 21 - Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, IL