Stone Sour and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor told a Minnesota radio station that he is working on a follow-up to his best-selling 2011 memoir, Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Goods. Taylor told Minneapolis radio station 93X that he is about a "quarter of the way" through the book, which is tentatively titled A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven.
He explained, "It's basically my experiences with the paranormal, and ghost sightings and occurrences, and I've had a lot, enough that I'm writing a damn book about it. But it's actually . . . it's about how can I believe in ghosts, and not in God? So it's a very interesting conversation. And that's kind of what I wanted to do with Seven Deadly Sins, was start a conversation and get people thinking about it."
- We asked Taylor recently if he thought there was anything from his first book that he would improve on for future ones: ["When I was reading the book back, I was like, 'Some of these sentences are just terrible.' It was like, 'Note to self: next time, just go simple.' Don't try to impress people right out of the gate, you know, 'cause I mean, there were certain sentences that took up the better part of a page and I was like, 'Really?'"] SOUNDCUE (:16 OC: . . . was like, 'Really?')
- Asked if he could see himself writing a novel at some point, Taylor told 93X, "I feel like I've got a novel in me somewhere, but that's something . . . I was just talking to a buddy of mine about it, who's a writer as well, and he's nearly done with his first novel, and it's taken him 11, 12 years to do it. And I can totally understand; it's a long process. I mean, you're creating a world, you're creating something from scratch . . . But yeah, I think some day."
- The new Stone Sour album, House Of Gold And Bones, is a concept project based on a short story that Taylor wrote.
- Seven Deadly Sins made the New York Timeshardcover non-fiction best sellers list after it came out in July 2011, debuting at Number 26. The paperback edition, issued this year, features a bonus chapter.
- Taylor promoted the book by doing a solo tour in which he combined readings, songs and discussion with the audience.
- House Of Gold And Bones is a double-disc set that's being released in two parts. Part 1 arrives on on October 23rd, with Part 2 scheduled for sometime in the first half of 2013.